Curing Dog Anxiety Quickly
The anticipation of potential dangers is what known to be as, ‘anxiety’. Like humans, animals can also develop symptoms of anxiety. Pet animals are relatively more anxious than stray or wild animals. Out of all the pet animals, dogs have a higher ratio of anxiety. There are some breeds which are prone to be more anxious. Anxiety can be developed due to several reasons. The most common reasons causing the dog’s anxiety are separation and fear from loud noises. Senior dogs develop the symptoms of anxiety too.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES OF ANXIETY IN DOGS?
- 14 % of the total pet dogs have separation anxiety. Dogs become anxious by the fear of being left alone by their owner. Some breeds are prone to separation anxiety such as, German Shepherd and Retriever.
- Anxiety in this case, is primarily caused by the previous trauma. For instance, due to their previous owners, abandoning them. They anticipate the fear of being left alone once more.
- The other cause is the change of their home. Dogs brought from the shelter homes do not have the habit, of being alone. They were always accompanied by other dogs. Moving to the owner’s house might develop the anxiety. As soon as they become hyper-attached to their owners, they become anxious about them leaving for work, consequentially.
- Puppies who were taken away from their mothers before the completing 8 months, also develop the separation anxiety. Boredom and loneliness can also cause them to develop anxiety, over time.
NEGATIVE EFFECTS ON OVERALL HEALTH OF THE DOGS
- Separation anxiety has negative effects on the behavior, as well as overall health of the dogs.
- They become aggressive towards the outsiders and family members.
- They urinate and defecate in the house.
- They Destroy the furniture and furnishings, scratch the doors and windows and bark excessively.
DOG ANXIETY FROM LOUD NOISES
- Dogs are prone to develop phobias at their growing age. Most breeds of dogs develop the fear, of loud noises, when young.
- It is because of the sudden exposure to loud noises in the past, that remain in their heads as a lasting bad memory.
- Sometimes, dogs fear voices and sounds that are unusual to them. For instance, the sound of other animals or guests in the house. This is because they were not exposed to such kind of environment when they were younger.
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF ANXIETY FROM LOUD NOISES
- Shaking, trembling or wiggling the tail rapidly.
- Constantly trying to escape.
- Whimpering and barking.
- Excessive licking and seeking constant attention from the owner.
- Urinate and defecate in public, whilst being trained already.
ANXIETY DUE TO OLD AGE
- Senior dogs tend to develop anxiety, which differs from the other types. With the growing age, they tend to learn slower and are unable to act accordingly, the training given to them.
- Old dogs can suffer from all sorts of medical conditions, just like the aged-human beings. Negligence by the owners towards the health and problems of senior dogs may lead to anxiety disorder in them.
- Senior dogs, sometimes lose their hearing ability and the ability to see. That is why they become anxious, by not being conscious of the surroundings.
- Canine dysfunction syndrome occurs in old dogs which can alter the psychological and physical behavior of the dogs. It is like the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease in humans. They become less attentive, less aware and their ability to learn slowly starts to fade away. They are unable to memorize or even abide by the training. This may lead to confusion and anxiety in senior dogs.
- The reason of anxiety can also be certain medical issues which arise with the growing age. For instance, hypothyroidism, pre-diabetes, encephalitis or thyrotoxicosis. These diseases may cause stress to senior dogs.
NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF ANXIETY DUE TO OLD AGE
- It increases the compulsive behavior of the dogs and leaves them confused about the surroundings.
- The dogs lose control of bowel movements due to old-age anxiety. They may be super good with the toilet training when younger, but, as they reach the old age, their ability to control the urine becomes inevitable.
TREATMENTS TO CURE ANXIETY IN DOGS
- In case of cognitive dysfunction syndrome and other medical issues, seek help from an expert veterinarian ,otherwise the stress as well as the disease, both will worsen.
- In case of treating separation anxiety, play and exercise with your dog to ease its anxious mind.
- Buy stuffed toys which will help it to stay busy in the house, while you are at work.
- Also, take it out for a walk, more often, before leaving. This practice releases their stress and make them happier as ever before.
- Hire a behaviorist and allow him to pinpoint the causes that triggers the dog. Keep a keen watch on the dog to figure out and avoid the reasons which prove stressful to it.
- Develop a quiet and low-stimuli surrounding for the pet.
- Lead poisoning may also lead to anxiety disorder. Rush to your veterinarian to diagnose it.
- It is hard for some trainers to alleviate the dog’s fears, so the veterinarian then, prescribes certain medication for it, to cure anxiety. Though, it is recommended to learn the techniques, taught by the veterinarian to control the dog’s behavior.
- Develop a training strategy to treat the dog’s anxiety. One such treatment is counter conditioning.
- Hire a professional dog trainer to help you build a proper plan to wipe out your dog’s anxiety.
- Take your dog to the veterinarian for natural therapies, once in a week.
- Alternatively, use the CBD-oil to treat your super anxious pet .
- Try not to leave the house empty. This may trigger anxiety in a dog. Hire a caregiver to assist you with the dog, while you are away.
- Canine massage therapy is the best treatment for a senior dog, recommended by veterinarians.
Dogs are social animals, and are known for their high intellectual and friendly behavior. However, they can develop anxiety, which can lead to disruptive behavior. The best possible way to treat dog anxiety is to start finding out the reasons that are making your dog anxious.
When you want to find the best solution for Curing Dog Separation Anxiety Quickly we are here to help.